Mental Health First Aid
What can we do for you?
How does it work?
We can work in partnership with you to create a culture in which your managers and general employees are not only more open in discussing mental health issues, but also able to seek or offer support more readily.
You will learn how to:
- Better understand mental health and how it affects people
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Build personal resilience & emotional intelligence while supporting others
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide support on a first aid basis (including active non-judgemental listening & emotional regulation techniques)
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Prevent a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone to towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Who is it for?
It is ideal for anyone who wants to develop a better understanding of mental health issues and how best to support these within the workplace. It’s designed to be useful for anyone looking to create and embed a long-term positive and supportive culture across the whole organisation.
What’s the course like?
- The course is 1 day
- We offer this in-house (within your own organisation)
- Maximum of 20 participants per course
- The format is a combination of interactive teaching, discussion and practical application in small groups and pairs