Listening skills are a foundational skill for many activities, including coaching, leadership, negotiation and problem solving, not to mention deepening relationships in all areas of our life. This course presents the fundamentals of listening skills. You will have the opportunity to build and practice these skills using a step by step approach and identify the areas in which you will apply and practice them in your day to day life.
Who it is for: Listening skills are a foundational element of many activities, such as coaching, mentoring, managing, negotiating and teamwork. Anyone wishing to improve his or her ability to listen fully will benefit from this course.
What you will get out of the day:
- The benefits of listening with full attention
- How to set up a conversation with purpose
- A simple, practical framework for effective listening
- Effective use of questions to develop themes
- Developing a ‘toolkit’ of phrases most useful to your listening needs
- Practical methods of grounding yourself to enable you to be fully present in the conversation
Length: 1 day
Price with Course Plus 3 Coaching Sessions: £1,449
Price with Course Plus 6 Coaching sessions: £1,899
Format: This practical course combines interactive teaching, discussion and practical application. Delegates will practice applying the theory and techniques they have learned in pairs and small groups. Where comfortable to do so, delegates will be encouraged to record their practice in order to reflect on and review their application of skills in practice situations.